Denmark has traditions for creating beautiful and sustainable buildings. Our Innovation advisor Christian Vinther is currently researching how the development and new technologies within the smart buildings area in Silicon Valley can be combined with the great Danish architecture and focus on sustainability to create even better energy efficient solutions that are user-friendly as well.
Earlier this year Christian participated in the Green Build Expo in New Orleans, which showcased some of the new technologies for the building market and he has had dialogue with several companies in the space. He is currently working on a short white paper and the findings from the paper are so far:
– Internet of Things (IoT) enables buildings to become more intelligent
– The private consumer market for home automation is pushing development in to the commercial building sector
– The large IT companies find the space very interesting
– Research in the area is focused on demonstrating how the different technologies operate together in building systems
– A few challenges do still need to be resolved before the market truly takes off, such as isolated technologies and lack of common standards.
The final white paper will furthermore give an overview of the market perspectives and trends for the smart buildings and a list of technology companies that operate in the space. The paper will be published in the start of the new year. If you want to know about our work within smart buildings, please feel free to contact Christian Vinther (chrvje(at)um.dk)
Read the white paper here